We Want You!
Volunteer for the 2011 Rails to Ales Brewfest!
Saturday, July 9th, 2011
Join Up Now! Volunteer for a day of fun in the sun at our annual non-profit fundraiser for the historic South Cle Elum Depot Museum and Railyard! We’ll have over (20) northwest breweries, pouring over (45) different microbrews, 2 Washington State Wineries, and a bunch of really great, local restaurants and caterers serving up super highly quality “Brew Foods!”.
There will great live music blasting all afternoon and into the evening – can you say “dinner & dancing”?
Follow the list of brewers, wineries, food & music as they sign on to our web site
This is a great learning opportunity for owners, managers and staff in the hospitality, food & beverage, tavern, bar, lounge, hotel, resort, and catering industry. This is also beneficial for the microbrew enthusiast, the local home brewer or just someone that wants to learn about great brews, wines and food! You’ll meet the brewers and their staff. You’ll meet winemakers and winery owners. You’ll meet the chefs, owners and staff of local restaurants, resorts and catering companies! What an incredible opportunity to work side by side with all of these extraordinary resources – all in one afternoon!
For volunteering you’ll receive full price admission to the event, a commemorative sampling glass, 7 scrip and snacks provided by CRF and local businesses! You will need to attend at least one Orientation Training Meeting and you’re ready to go! You’ll be briefed on volunteer etiquette, Depot and Railyard history, and a full overview of the Brewfest details Here are some of the facts:
- 21 and over please. Only those 21 and over are
allowed on the event site. No infants, children or pets.
- You MUST have ID with you
- There are 2 shifts for the day:
First Shift 3:15~7:00
Second Shift 6:30 ~ 10:00.
- As a volunteer full price ticket holder, you will be able to purchase scrip at $1 each to enjoy the fine foods available. Sorry, only First Shift staff will be allowed to sample the brews & wines when they are off duty after 7:00pm. No volunteer is allowed to consume alcohol while on shift and/or in uniform. (Washington State Liquor Control Board Law)
Here are the core positions available!
- Parking – assist in traffic control, parking enforcement, public directions & information
- Ticket Gate – sell and distribute pre-paid tickets, check ID, adhering wristbands, greet guests, exit monitoring, handing out sampler glass packets, etc.
- Concierge – answer guest questions, direct guests to our services and provide information
- Souvenir – sell our wonderful fundraiser items! Promote the Depot and Railyard
- Beer Servers – work inside the brewer booths, taking scrip, talking to guests
- Wine Servers – work inside the winery booth, taking scrip, talking to guests
- Hard Cider Servers – work in the Cider booth, taking scrip, talking to guests
- RTAB Liaison – the overall ‘go-to’ position – a maintenance and runner for all departments
Sound like something you would like to do?
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION NOW:
Or, for questions or more information, contact Kay Lloyd, Volunteer Coordinator via the contact form @ http://www.railstoalesbrewfest.com/contact/